Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Easy Dawes It

So I think that was the best pun that the Rangers website has had in recent memory.

Okay so after a brief hiatus, I am back. It's final exam season on top of a regular job and a girl, meaning I've been pretty busy. Nonetheless, my last final was today and I am clear-headed. You didn't want to hear my feelings about the games against the Devils and Canes anyway.

So..
..Hey Josh, wanna know why the Rangers continue to play Dawes over Prucha? For moments like last night. When a man who signs a 1 year, 2-way contract for 500K dangles one of the elite defenseman of the league who is making $6.25 MILLION dollars this season, a tear comes to the eye. I think Pronger's jock is still on the ice, the Zamboni couldn't even sweep it up.

Due to issues last night, I was not able to start watching the game until the start of the third period. Apparently it was a pretty solid effort for the first two periods which sounded nice. The thing that made methe most happy was the fact that the Rangers did not crumble in the third. They continued to show a good effort, played pretty solid all-around, and Hank stood on his head as usual. If he does not grab the Vezina this year, there will be some havoc. The other 2 of the 3 usual finalists have been hurt all year, leaving him his best chance to take home the hardware.

Christmas came early, my wish was for the Rangers to win a game in regulation, and it finally happened. Now let's string together a few more wins and let's be merry. I will have more to talk about tonight's game against LA (of whom I absolutely love Anze Kopitar) and we should get to see Rangers old backup Jason LaBarbera between the pipes.

My 3 stars:

1 - Nigel Dawes. He's been fighting for a spot on the team, he's seemed to earn his keep in recent games, and he has flashes of brilliance (he needs to have those flashes become more consistent). I've loved him since they called him up with Dubes and Callahan 2 seasons ago and if he just develops a bit more, he could be a great, solid, permanent 2nd line winger.

2 - Henrik Lundqvist. He's by far been the backbone of the team. Without him, Rangers would not be where they are right now. He continues to perform and we love to see it.

3 - Chris Drury. Captain Clutch hasn't been so "clutch" yet this season. However, notching a goal last night he should be leading by example. "Hey guys, if I score, you all should do the same." Keep it up Captain.

Oh and Mats Sundin should have a decision by tomorrow about where he wants to play. I'm nervous. If goes to Vancouver, it's obviously going to be for the money, there's no chance of that team being a Cup contender. If he comes to NY, I am still clueless about who they are going to move around for him. My guess would be see Prucha gone along with a few others.

That's all for now.

-Bildini

No comments: