Thursday, December 11, 2008

And they still can't...

WIN IN REGULATION!!
So the Rangers play the Thrashers who are ranked 14th and 15th in the Eastern Conference collectively in scoring, goals against, and basically just not being that good. Keep in mind, there's 15 teams in the Eastern Conference.

I'll admit, they looked better. But anyone can look better against Atlanta.

Star of the game? STEVEN VALIQUETTE. I swear, you throw him to LA, Nashville, St. Louis, or some bottom-of-the-barrell team like that, and he's got the starting job there. He deserves a lot of credit for being such a solid backup to Lundqvist. I'm glad to see Hank got the night off too, he needs to clear his head and get back on track as the great one we know him as.

And hey what do ya know, who gets his first goal in over a year? COLTON ORR!! That man is one of my favorite players on the team right now. He's a great story and a great model for kids to look up to, that people can make it in the NHL and be productive even though you don't have all of the skill in the world. He used those fighting hands for a good shot last night. He's had tons of chances this year and I'm happy to see him finally connect.

Now with that said, RENNEY STOP THROWING THE 4TH LINE OUT THERE SO MUCH.

If you noticed, look who was on the points last night taking shots, Staal and Mara. My, oh my, that's a rare sight these days on the Rangers: taking shots. Roszival still can't handle a puck, and he's just making me more and more mad every day. Redden comes back first game from injury and posts up 3 assists in a 3-2 victory. Also finishing with a +3 rating. Not bad.

I liked the lines Renney rolled last night. I am not a big fan of Sjostrom, but I didn't mind seeing him on the 3rd line.
1st line: Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev (That should never be broken up)
2nd line: Dawes - Drury - Callahan
3rd line: Sjostrom - Dubinsky - Voros
4th line: Korpikoski - Betts - Orr

See now these lines make more sense. When he threw out Korpikoski - Gomez - Callahan against Calgary the whole game, I was fuming, I think smoke was coming out of my ears. What are you thinking Tom?!

Let's see how long these lines stay in tact. I like that lineup. Rotate Lauri with Fritsche and Prucha every once in awhile and you will be okay.

My bet is that Hank will get the start against the Devils tomorrow night. Hopefully we can see some motivation in these guys with all the bad blood between them and the Devs.

And hey, come on now, WIN A GAME IN REGULATION TIME. All of these 1 points from OT and SO wins they are giving to the other teams, CAN and WILL come back to haunt them. Let's finish it up before the 3rd period buzzer rings. THANK YOU!!

-Bildini

No comments: